After a successful first year we are running for the second year an exciting competition for students in S5 and S6 of our local secondary schools. ConocoPhillips (UK) Limited are supporting this project and providing a 1st prize of £100 of iTune vouchers and a second prize of £50 of iTune vouchers.
We have prepared a PowerPoint presentation to give you further information and background which can be viewed by following the link below. Please take a few minutes to watch it. (NB: PCs and Laptops supporting MS Office 2010 will provide optimum viewing. Android tablets are not supported. IPads may open in page view only)
“Write a Review” Competition
If you are interested, we want to invite you to write a review of any of our concerts that you have attended. You may enter up to five reviews to be considered for a first prize of £100 of iTune vouchers or a second prize of £50 of iTune vouchers. Obviously the more entries that you make the better chance that you would have of winning! To help you do this we will admit you to any of our concerts free of charge on production of an entry form. We will be sending copies of the entry form to local secondary schools but you can also download a version here and print it off.
Entry form – click to download
You don’t have to be studying music to enter – it may be useful for your English course or you may be considering journalism as a career. All that we are looking for is some flair in describing your experience of the music that you have heard and the performers. Some previous reviews of last season’s concerts can be seen on our website by following this link (season 2012-13 reviews) to give you some inspiration.
1. To enter a review you must be in S5 or S6.
2. For free entry to any of the concerts, either collect an entry form from your school or download from the link above. Please get one of your teachers to sign it. Then just bring it along and show the entry form at the door. Accompanying adults will be charged at the standard ticket price.
3. Reviews should be submitted within two weeks of the concert that you have reviewed.
4. All reviews must be your own work.
5. Please limit your review to between 400 – 500 words.
6. You can enter as little as once or as often as five times.
7. You must only submit one review per concert.
8. All entries will be reviewed after the fifth concert and the winner will be announced and prizes presented at our last concert of the season in March 2015.
9. Please submit your entry on hard copy to:
or by email to:
10. The final closing date for any review will be Monday 2nd of March 2015 and the winners will be notified by the 9th of March 2015.